Thursday, August 30, 2012

Day to Day....

We've had fun times lately visiting with those fantastic Robinsons, freeing Ali from the binky*, camping in the backyard, and making massive bubbles.  


Max took this picture... we were rather impressed!


Happy to be camping in the backyard!  She especially loves her pink bunny sleeping bag.

One of Max's favorite parts of camping is playing games in the tent.

I love, love, love how she will put her arms around me.  Sometimes when we are sitting on the couch, she tries to put her arm around my shoulders.  I could die with happy.


I love that they were as big as Jonas!




Making these bubbles has been on Glenn's bucket list for awhile.  They are pretty awesome.  Even if it did take a scary trip to Walmart to pick up liquid glycerin...

Ali got to pick out a new baby doll for making it through the week binky-free!
 She was very intent on the doctor kit baby.  

I just think she's cute!

 *My dear friend Shauna was over and I mentioned that I needed to get serious about de-binkying Ali.  A moment after I finished that sentence, Shauna turned to Ali and asked if her baby Mayan could have her binkies "because she needs some more".  Ali said sure and went straight to her room for them... with me trialing her the whole time trying to explain that she would not get them back.   Shauna reinforced what a big, kind girl she was and how she didn't need them anymore.  I was terrified and secretly kept two reserves just in case!  I had promised Ali that if she could go for four days without her binky, we'd go pick out a new doll together.  The first day and a half were kind of rough (although, she was a cinch compared to Max!).  The first night she bawled and bawled and I played songs on the piano to try to distract her.  Finally she asked for water and I went in to tell her how very proud of her I was, how I knew it was hard, and that I wanted to help her.  She was so sweet, drank the water and told me "Mom, I'm proud of you too." Then laid down and didn't peep again for it that night.  By the third night in, she told Glenn "Mom says I don't need my binky- I'm a big girl".  She is a strong & good one, this Alison Kim. Sure do love her!


No comments:

Post a Comment