Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween!

I think we've established that Halloween is a favorite for the Harmon household.  But this year I must confess that I had too much of it!  Trunk-or-Treat, school parades, pre-school trick or treating (both classes), community carnival, Dreamworks party, and good ol' trick-or treating around the neighborhood....  I may be a grinch, but I was sure sick of it by the end!
Next year, I believe we will simplify.
At least, that is the hope.

After Glenn and I collapsed on the couch, we awoke at 2 am to remember that today (Nov. 1st) is Ali's birthday-- eek!  Using every shred of love we have for her, we hauled our bodies up and decorated the dining room for her.  It paid off this morning when she said, "Mom, this sure was a lot of work!".
Sweet girl.

I'll cover Ali's b-day later, for now-- here are our Halloween highlights:

Dreamworks has some pretty cool stuff going around their Halloween party!

Glenn and his crew all dressed up as their director, Ale.
 However, he looks a WHOLE LOT like my  Uncle Bob in this picture.



Jonas was in Heaven at the How To Train Your Dragon station at the Dreamwork's Halloween party... He has dreamed of his own blue dragon for years.  Now if only these were still available to buy...

Glenn made this Monster for on top of our house and helped make a good rig for it with a good friend of ours.  It turned out great and next year we'll add some fingers coming over the roof too.





Glenn's pumpkin for the Dreamworks competition.  It is the main character, Dan, from the movie he is working on "Me and My Shadow".  The shadow has it's own break-away personality from Dan... shown so skillfully here :).  Kind of kills me that Glenn can sculpt as well as draw.  It's awesome, but I'm jealous.

Trunk or Treat with our friends from next door.  They are such a sweet family.



1 comment:

  1. Halloween was craz at our house, too, with all the parties and activities. I hope you got some rest later! And Happy Birthday to Ali!

    ReplyDelete