Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day of Love...



My sweet cousin Lauren got married on Oct. 20th... which according to my dollar store calendar is the Day of Love.  Hmmm.  Valentine's seems to have a competitor.  Don't tell the merchandisers.


Sweet Lauren had asked me to be a bridesmaid years ago.  I, very honored, happily agreed.  But as the real wedding day approached, I felt a bit of trepidation to be a 32-yr-old, mother-of-three bridesmaid standing next to young 20-yr-old lasses.  Lucky for me, I was not the only married-and-over-30 gal in the line!  Hooray for eclectic combos of bridesmaids!  I have to say I am SO glad I didn't let my trepidation on this one stop me from saying yes-- it was such a sweet time with Lauren.  She is lovely, grateful, kind, and she was not at all nervous!   I loved the chance to get to do her hair and talk on the afternoon of her wedding.  What a gorgeous Texas bride she made...





Beautiful Lo and her oldest daughter-- such a pretty flower girl!





Aunt Pam and Uncle Mike were so darling dancing together.  During one song that featured a guitar solo, they stopped dancing, both played air guitar, then began dancing again totally on cue when the music came back on.  It was completely spontaneous.  And completely awesome.

Dad and I also had a blast dancing to some songs.
We took a dance class together before I got married, and I had forgotten what a great dancer he is!  Definitely a fun time.
No air guitar solos for us though. 

I got to meet Trent's girlfriend of six year, Beth.  I LOVED her.  Even more, I loved them together.  Happy, kind, solid.  
I really love that guy.

My rock-star famous cousin, Tanner.  He is so talented.  

NATE!!!!


The mansion was so pretty-- this is the Bride's room where I got to do Lauren's hair.


After the wedding, we hopped back in the car and headed down to Pam and Mike's Galveston home.  I had no idea what a treat I was in for.  We were not there 20 hours, but in that time, we were able to go boating, kayaking, swimming, caught a blue crab, walking the dogs, and lots of fun conversations.  Their home is incredible-- banana trees, mandarin orange bush, frogs, owls, fish, blue crabs... it was amazing.  I am dying to take them up on their offer to let me bring my whole family out there.  






We were supposed to be making funny serious faces here, but apparently I failed. 




Love these guys.  SO. MUCH.

This is the back of the house.  INCREDIBLE= Just lower the boat, or jet skis, or kayaks into the water and go!

These were the bridesmaid shirts.  It reveals her two great loves: Texas A&M, and her two beautiful Huskies.
The shirts read:  "Gig 'em and Get Married" and "Howlelujah it's finally here". 

 I think one of the best parts of this trip was to remember there is a fun me inside somewhere.  I had fun.  I was genuinely playful and relaxed.  I didn't think that existed in me anymore...  It was hopeful to know it's still in there!  Just wish I could have had Glenn there with me :)


1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds so fun! What a pretty mansion. Thanks for sharing pictures.

    ReplyDelete