Monday, December 19, 2011

DISNEYLAND!

WARNING: This post will NOT be interesting to you.  I have put it up here on my blog because I worry it will get tucked away into some random file I never open again and forget the details of this day. I can't do that.  It was too nice of a day.

 Hoping they had hot chocolate... let down, but the warm quiche made up for it!


 I love how the castle gate lines up perfectly to give me a crown/halo here!
 Walking onto Indiana Jones??!!


 We ran into our friend Andy and his son- what are the odds?!  It was fun to ride Small World with a little boy reassuring us it was "not scary" :).
 We got to ride the Matterhorn!!!  It has been closed every time we have come for the past 11 years.  The ride is a little lame, but it was fun for a stroll down memory lane.


 Lighting of the castle. Went from this, to this:


For our 31st Birthdays this year, Glenn and I decided to go to Disneyland... without the kids!  It was a rare opportunity of being neither pregnant, or with a newborn-- so we thought we'd Carpe Diem while we could!  

It was an unprecedentedly AMAZING day at Disney!  By noon we had ridden EVERY major ride in the park-- practically walking onto Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Carribean, the Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain... on and on!  It was INCREDIBLE!  We hit the jackpot since kids were still in school, and it was finals week for the college group (plus it was cold in the morning and night, so I think that kept some away).  We don't expect to see it's equal.

Since it was cold, we kept scouring the park for Hot Chocolate and failing (it had been a bad weather week, so people must have been downing it by the gallons!).  When we did find some though, it was some of the best hot chocolate I have EVER had.

By four o' clock we had also hit every major ride in California Adventure and we were happy little clams. So, we actually had time to shop, walk through Sleeping Beauty's Castle, go to the Tiki Room, and watch the lighting of the castle (which was accompanied by snow..literally! There were snow machines on the main street lights.  I had forgotten how mesmerizing and beautiful falling snow is.  It induced some home sickness.)  It was PERFECT. 

Glenn is truly my favorite company on earth, so this was one of those days earmarked in my mental journal as a true treasure.  I will say that my feet sure hurt by the end, and we were both exhausted (we ran between most of the rides... we didn't want to waste a minute!)-- but it was a perfect day.


5 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm so glad the birthday adventure was PERFECT, and you got to go to the happiest place on earth with the person that makes you the happiest on earth. Happy late birthday to you Kristen, and early birthday to you Glenn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, I totally agree, that has got to be marked as one of the funnest days of my life. Its crazy how every variable seemed to line up perfectly for once and we were able to have such a blast.

    Thank you for being the coolest, hottest wife ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was one of your best ideas ever! You won't ever regret it. Memories are some of my best friends on the rough days! Good job for making it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I was staring at the picture of you with your 'crown' and was trying to decide if you had a pretty headband in, or if you were totally in the Disneyland spirit and bought a princess crown. After a few moments of looking closely I read your caption about the gates being perfectly aligned to give you a halo. How awesome! :) The day sounds absolutely perfect! I am so glad you two did this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You didn't think we'd be interested in this blog - that it was just for you. But we love seeing everything in your lives and so happy you had a perfect day! Happy Unbirthday to both of you!

    ReplyDelete