Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Glenn's Birthday!


F.U.N., creative, talented artist/editor/storyteller, loving, patient, kind, unselfish, amazing listener, creative and excellent gift giver, strength of our home, dear father, and perfect husband... 
 It is a joy to celebrate our Glenn.


Yes, that is sadly pizza instead of the feast I had planned.  I, unlike people on TV, cannot  make three different cupcakes in  45 minutes...


Happy Birthday Love!

The Judge

This year my sweet Glenn turned 31.  Have I mentioned he's incredible lately?  Because he really is.

We've been watching a bit of Food Network lately and have seen our share of a show called Cupcake Wars...  unfortunately, we're left with cupcake cravings after every show.   I figured a birthday was the perfect time to endulge, so I presented the birthday judge with his plate of 3 cupcakes to critique (orange pound cake with an orange infused buttercream frosting,  a homemade Hostess Cupcake with ganache, and a spice cake with Cream Cheese frosting).  Mine paled in comparison to the show's creative outputs... but we really enjoyed them!   For the record, the birthday judge definitely favored the orange pound cake cupcake... (He even used the accents when critiquing!  Love that man.)


Since we made our Disneyland trip our gift this year, we kept it simple on the gift side-- although I was quite proud of myself for cleaning his car (cleaning our cars is forever on my to-do list, but seldom checked off!)... now if I could just do the same to the minivan!

No comments:

Post a Comment