Tuesday, March 6, 2012

And So It Begins...

I should probably mention at some point that Max has begun T-Ball.  A stage I have dreaded for years.  I'm just not an excited-to-sit-through-practice-and-games-while-corralling-a-2-and-4-year-old kinda gal.  But hey, this isn't about me (repeat to self. multiple times.). 
So, we should get on to Max, who this IS about!


Max plays for the Mets--  an awesome team, with an awesome coach.  

We love coach Richard (we're pretty sure we got the best coach).  

We love these cute little men (and one little lady!) on the team- and their devoted parents who tag along.  

Last week they had the opening ceremonies and their first game (no one knew what the score was at the end- I guess they don't even bother to count on the 1st grade T-Ball level!), but I am pretty sure we won (is it pathetic that I care?!).  Even more wonderful though-- my boy played!  He hit, he ran, he threw, he rounded home plate!  I was beaming.  Seeing these pics makes me beam all over again.  

Thanks for indulging me. 





*The first game was followed up by the whole team heading over to Chuck E. Cheese for a birthday party. The bonds are going to run deep with these boys.  T-ball, video games, prizes... what more could a kid want?




This is Jonas with his new dear friend, Emmett.  Emmett is the coach's son and also has to wait through practices and games...  he is my saving grace!  He has adopted Jonas and plays with and entertains him the whole time.  He is one of the sweetest 9-yr.-olds I have ever met.  

He doesn't know it yet, but Jonas is planning on adopting him.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures!!! I admit that I live in fear of the time that lessons, practices, games, and concerts all begin. I am trying to enjoy my simple life now while I have it!

    ReplyDelete