Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm Prejudiced...

I know I am his mother.  I know that doesn't give me the most credence for being unbiased.  But, in my humble opinion, this little boy is brilliant.

Glenn has been on a chess kick and wanting a neat chess board.  Max heard about this and we suddenly realized a Lego chess board would be especially cool.  Our minds stopped on the idea there, but not Max's (who loves to play chess with his dad).

A couple of days later, Max presented this:




It took every red piece and lego man he had, but lo and behold-  this is a real working chess set.  We keep track of the Bishops because they are the ones with hats "Because bishops wear hats Mom".  The only two female pieces are the queens.  He is VERY specific about which pieces are the kings (one is the oldest, the other looks like Darth Vader). We keep track of pawns by raising their arms up. It actually makes for a really fun game! 





The kid is good.  He is so smart I forget to go easy on him when we play.  He keeps pointing out "Mom, whenever we play, you win.  Whenever I play with dad, I win."  This may be a subtle suggestion :).

2 comments:

  1. That is incredibly darling!!! I love your little Max and his genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto you: he is brilliant!

    I think you might just take this time, which I guarantee you is gonna be very short, to win all the games you can. He will beat you every single time before long.

    ReplyDelete